January 23, 2010

Buttermilk Pie - Salty and Sweet!




So, Ry made this delicious buttermilk pie this week.  At first taste it was definitely interesting..with a super salty crust, made with oil, not butter, and a sweet custard filling.  I think he was actually disappointed with how it turned out, unfortunately.  The second day, after the pie had chilled in the fridge, I loved it!!  Not exactly sure what the difference was, maybe the chilled custard.  Also, the crust absorbed some the filling, which was nice!

I'm encouraging Ryan to make a second round, especially since we have buttermilk left in the fridge!!  He wants to try with a butter crust, instead of the oil, and I think that is a fine idea!  All in all, I think it was a great recipe!  He found it on YouTube - here  by India Galyean.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! Hope to hear from you again soon!